Ripleigh Go Bragh

Ripleigh Go Bragh
Connemara stallion Ripleigh Go Bragh

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

How Coaching Works


Coaching is really like talking with your best friend.  Only this best friend is the kind of person who absolutely believes that you are capable of being anything you want to be or doing anything you want to do.   

Sometimes I will be like a twelve step sponsor:  I will be there for you when you are feeling like you are heading down the wrong street and just need someone to snap you out of it or give you a sense of perspective.

Often I will be like Socrates who would never answer a question without asking another question.   This can be irritating, but trust me when I say that I only ask the question because I am confident that you already know the answers.

When necessary, I can put on a drill sergeant’s hat or a sport coach’s whistle and tell you turn of the TV and get moving!

I am different from many coaches and most therapists in that I am willing to let you be a part of my life and give you an opportunity to challenge me.  I believe that clients have as much to offer as I do and I am always amazed at the profound effect my clients have had on my life. 

I like to have my clients commit to at least three sessions at a time.  This ensures that you are given the best chance to make some changes in your life as soon as possible.  I have found that most clients have met some of their goals by the sixth session and are starting to self-coach.  Once we have reached that stage in our relationship, we will begin to build a future from a foundation of success and reward.  Life will just keep getting better!

Many of my previous coaches and clients are now good friends.  We continue to support and motivate each other throughout the continual ups and downs of life.

Open the door to a great future!  Learn to listen to your heart- not your critics.   Get a coach!

No comments:

Post a Comment