Ripleigh Go Bragh

Ripleigh Go Bragh
Connemara stallion Ripleigh Go Bragh

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Founding Mothers

CORE Equestrian and Life Coaching developed out of my belief that the horse industry needs to return to a more feminine perspective. I was at an Equine Affair when one of the experts there actually said "women weren't raised the same way as men and so they need to learn to act like men in order to be good horsemen".  It was said by woman.  I was horrified!  I can't imagine anything more damaging to hear than the claim that the way women live, love and relate made them inferior in any way.   I decided then and there to work at healing the girl in all of us.  Love is egalitarian and irresistible not hierarchical and separating.  I hope to help horsewomen and horsemen realize that partnership means working together, listening to each other and giving all beings the right to be the way they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment