Ripleigh Go Bragh

Ripleigh Go Bragh
Connemara stallion Ripleigh Go Bragh

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Unknowns

If dreams are a thread that lead us through the crap, what if there is crap on the other side of the needle as well?

Which is worse? The unknown or the known bad from the past?

Whenever I decided to move forward, I invariably manifest some "old crap", largely in the arena of relationship. After all, it is much easier to lay the blame on "her" (or "him) than to admit to doing something so obviously stupid as messing up my own life.

I have asked my manifesting self to do me a big favor.  The next time I start worrying about the unknown future... please make me recreate some past WONDERFUL moment rather than having to go through the same old crap one more time!

Now I just have to try to remember as vividly all the great things in my past as I do the horrible moments. 

Why is happiness so much less memorable than the yucky bits?  I understand the physiology of survival, but really- can't we be pulled forward by the surety of good times just as easily as we are pushed forward by the avoidance of the miserable times?

No comments:

Post a Comment