Ripleigh Go Bragh

Ripleigh Go Bragh
Connemara stallion Ripleigh Go Bragh

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Unconditional Love addendum


Well, I've had one comment already so I figure why not?   Here's my spleen...

I think unconditional love is what people who are takers ask to receive from people who are givers.  

I feel like it is a personal challenge but not a healthy lifestyle.  I love Hitler for having so horrified the world that people actually changed their worldview to prevent the holocaust from happening again.  But if you put him in front of me on a bad day, I can guarantee you that he wouldn't leave the room on his own two feet. 

Your love for another isn't a personal construct- it isn't you loving you in another. It is you having the courage to love more than yourself.  It is you being willing to be vulnerable.  But loving doesn't mean you have to be stupid or a doormat because the only person you should love unconditionally is yourself. Everyone else has to meet your standards before they get the Halloween candy bag of treats!

No comments:

Post a Comment